I know, I know - I'm on a tempeh kick! The truth is, I have this package of tempeh that I've got to use up, and I've been Pinterest-ing like mad to find new recipes! I based this one on a BBQ chicken salad I saw. I'll include the recipe for the dressing, too! The bonus? It's a HUGE, satisfying salad for around 300 calories - INCLUDING the dressing!!
BBQ Tempeh and Veggie Salad
- 3 oz tempeh, diced
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp liquid aminos or light soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp organic, sugar free ketchup (I use Westbrae Natural)
- Salt to taste
- 1 serving (about 1-1/2 cups, or 85g) lettuce
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 Tbsp Feta cheese
- 1 serving Corr Kitchen Avocado Ranch Dressing (optional)
In a skillet, saute the tempe, onions, peppers and mushrooms until onions and peppers are tender. Add vinegar, liquid aminos or soy sauce, ketchup and salt – stir to coat and simmer for 3 more minutes.
Serve over lettuce. Add tomatoes and feta, and serve with dressing on the side.
Avocado Ranch Dressing from the Corr Kitchen:
- 1 avocado (about 4-1/2 ounces)
- ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 chopped green onion
- ½ tsp dill weed
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup water
Throw it all in a blender or Ninja and blend until creamy! Yum!
Dressing recipe makes about 6 servings.