So many people ask me about how to make a 21 Day Fix Meal Plan - so here's a resource for you!!
CREATE A 21 DAY FIX MEAL PLAN
1) PRINT OUT A BLANK WEEKLY MEAL PLANNING WORKSHEET AND SHOPPING LIST.
I have attached a few of these for you to choose from.
2) REFER TO YOUR MASTER LIST OF CLEAN EATING RECIPES.
You can find lots of great clean eating recipes online. You’ll refer to your list over and over again, so save it somewhere that is easy to access. I personally use my iPhone to save all the recipes I find online so they are easy to access from my phone.
3) MARK OFF CONTAINERS AS YOU ADD THINGS TO YOUR LIST.
4) START PLANNING THE EASIEST MEALS FIRST.
For most, that will be breakfast and snacks. A lot of people usually eat the same thing for breakfast or switch between a few options. Fill in those slots first.
5) NEXT, PLAN FOR DINNER.
This is where it’s fun to get creative and add in some new recipes. Often you will have leftovers that you can use to put in some of the lunch slots. If you want, you can even plan to have leftovers one night during the week. Plan crockpot meals on days when you know you don’t have much time or will be away from home most the day. I find it helpful to create a Meal Planning board on Pinterest for new recipes that I want to try.
6) PLAN LUNCH USING LEFTOVERS OR SALAD.
Lunch is a great time to make a great big salad and add any leftover protein from the night before, or simply heat up leftovers.
MY TOP TIPS!
· Spread your nutrients throughout the day.
· Try to have your carbs earlier in the day.
· Avoid eating fruit or carbs alone. Make sure you add a fat or protein to keep your blood sugar stable.
· Don’t stress too much about small amounts of some ingredient in casseroles, soups, etc.
· To figure out the serving size, measure the ingredients in your containers as you add them to a recipe.
· Start a recipe binder or Pinterest board to save recipes you want to try and one for those you’ve tried and know you love.
· Make a list of your favorite things for breakfast and snacks to make planning easier.
Disclaimer - I didn't create these great graphics - I put them together and am sharing them because they are so useful!!